Sunday, January 25, 2015

Creating a Schedule

I am feeling so loved right now!  

I have found that there's not much that will make me feel more loved than asking if I can spend the night at someone's house and getting all of the responses that I've read!  It's truly humbling and amazing. 

From Facebook on Jan 23rd: 
"Do you want to know the most amazing thing about planning ‪#‎ThisCrazyTrip‬ ? People are so good! Even if I can't spend the night at their house, they are bending over backward to help me have a great trip. I've had offers of money, showers, food, explorations in the area and today, two people said, "Well, we won't be home, but stay at our house anyway!" One of these people has never met me in person. I'm overwhelmed by the kindness of my friends. smile emoticon Thank you."

Since I started sending out the letter, three days ago, I have had three offers to spend the night even if the homeowners won't be there.  I've been offered showers, a gym trip, a whale-watching trip, a day at the Monterey Bay Aquarium, a night out in Branson to see a show, homemade meals including famous fried chicken and a Brazilian dinner.  I've been offered money, sponsorship, gift cards and other help. 

When I've asked for one night, I've had friends say, "Just one night?  You can stay longer if you want!" When I mentioned that I was planning to camp out in Yellowstone even though I was a little wary of the bears, my sister Sandy even suggested "I'm completely just throwing this out there (aka don't count on it) but are you allowed to stay in a hotel "if" the guest pays for it?  For instance, I've never been to Yellowstone so I might want to visit around... hmmm, maybe July 18th.  If I happened to fun in to you there and I happened to have a pre-paid hotel, could you stay with me without jeopardizing the success of your crazy trip?"

(My answer, in case you're wondering, was "Sure! I'd stay in hotels the whole way if someone would pay for them!") LOL 

Honestly, there's not much that warms my heart more than a response from someone that says, "We would LOVE to have you stay with us for whatever you need."  

Sniff. My heart is full. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment